- Library Services
- Internet & Research
- E-Resources and Downloads
- About Us
- Patron Login
- Contact Us
How Do I Get a Library Card?
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
How do I register for a Library card?
All residents of Laurens county and all persons who are employed full time or who own property in Laurens County are entitled to obtain a library card at no cost. We ask that you fill out a brief form and show identification with your current mailing address. If your ID does not contain your current address, you may show other documentation of your address.
Children age 13 and under must have the approval of a parent or guardian to obtain a card. Parents are responsible for the selection and use of materials and for incurred fines or fees of all children under age 18.
With your card you may use any services at either library location.
The library has a reciprocal agreement with Greenville, Greenwood and Newberry Counties. Residents of those counties may obtain a Laurens County Library Card at no cost if in good standing. with the home county library. Residents of other counties may obtain a card for $10.00. If you are a Laurens County resident and in good standing with the library, you may obtain a card at above county libraries, subject to their policies and regulations..
Bring your card with you when visiting the library, and do not lend your card to others. Be sure to report a lost or stolen card promptly.
Click here to download the library card application (Note: The Library Application form fields can be completed using Adobe Acrobat or a modern web browser such as Chrome.)
What can I borrow from the Library and for how long?
We love to share...
- You may check out up to 35 books at a time Limits may apply to special collections.
- Books and most other items check out for three weeks. DVDs check out for one week, with a limit of five DVDs at a time.
- Up to three renewals can be made if no other requests have been made for the item.
- Fines for overdue items are $.10 per day per item. You cannot check out additional items until your fines are paid.
- Requests and holds can be made for any item, including items at another LCPL location. We regularly transport items between the Laurens and Clinton branches.
- Ask any staff member at any time for help in locating a book or other item.
- If we do not have what you are looking for, we can borrow from another library or consider purchasing the item. Just ask any staff member.