(Note: The Library Application form fields can be completed using Adobe Acrobat or a modern web browser such as Chrome.)
The Laurens County Library System offers use of its meeting rooms to the citizens, groups, and businesses of Laurens County, for non-profit purposes. Laurens County Library programs will receive priority in scheduling, and other meetings may be cancelled, rescheduled or relocated, with notice, if in conflict with the operation of the library. Government departments and agencies of Laurens County will also receive priority status.
Nonprofit organizations and groups will be granted permission for free use of the meeting room on a first-come, first-served basis, upon application by an adult Laurens County citizen with a library card in good standing and a valid ID. Reservations will be maintained on a calendar year basis, with applications taken in December.
For profit businesses and organizations in Laurens County are welcome to use the meeting rooms for training or development purposes. A rental fee of $50.00 will be charged if used for informational meetings for the public, or for any profit making purpose.
All users will abide by the following regulations:
- All meetings must be open to the public free of charge. Library staff reserves the right to monitor any meeting.
- The meeting room applicant accepts full responsibility for proper conduct of those attending the meeting and for any damage to Library property by those attending.
- While admission charges to events are not allowed, users of the facilities may charge for registration or materials used in the program or allow membership fees to be collected. Money may not be collected for any other purpose. Sale of services or goods on site is prohibited unless sponsored by the Library.
- Organizations or individuals using Library meeting rooms shall be required to indemnify and hold harmless the Library from any and all claims or actions attributable to the use of the Library facilities.
- Weekly meetings may be reserved only two months in advance.
- As a courtesy, cancellations should be made at least 48 hours in advance. The library may cancel remaining meetings if reservations are not kept.
- Users must vacate the room by closing time.
- Users are responsible for set-up and must leave the room as found. Additional cleaning or damage fees will be charged if necessary.
- Food & drinks, but no alcoholic beverages, may be served. Food and drink may not be taken out of meeting rooms.
- Users of the facilities may not use the Library as a mailing address. Publicity announcing meetings must state, “This program is not sponsored by the Library.”
The library reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or relocate any meeting.
Approved by the Laurens County Library System Board of Trustees July 21, 2010.